Wednesday, May 13, 2009

DOG spelled backwards is GOD!!

Ever think about how much our relationship with our pets can resemble our relationship with our creator. Don't ask me why I thought about this today but I DID. I guess this empty nest thing is doing weird stuff to my brain when I sit around and think about my relationship with my dog. But at least God is using it to make me think about my relationship with Him. I was just thinking about how glad my dog is everytime I walk in the door and how happy she is to see me. That is how our Father is, He is so glad to hear from us everytime we choose to allow Him into our lives. Just like the dog, He sits by just waiting for us to acknowledge Him and then He is there with kisses and the love we so desperately need. At night when I get in bed, the dog gets in bed with me, runs around to get the last few minutes of attention and then lays her head on the pillow beside mine and goes to sleep. Isn't that what He does as well. He waits for me to get in bed and hopes to get those last few minutes of my attention. When I'm finished talking to Him, and rollover to go to sleep, He lays His head on the pillow beside mine and is with me throughout the night. When I get up in the morning, my sweet Daisy is there to snuggle and give me good morning kisses. So is my Daddy God, He is there waiting to kiss me good morning and spend time with me. What an awesome start to each day. Also like my puppy, even when I'm having a bad day and am grouchy, He forgives me and loves me anyway. His love and the dogs are completely unconditional!!! If only we could love one another that way....what a wonderful world this would be.

2 comments:

  1. Love the analogy! Thanks for the reminder of God's unconditional love for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scarlet, I found you through Gina's blog. I too like your analogy of God's faithfulness. I like the way God has taken the initiative to show His love and faithfulness to us. Blessings on your journey!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete